skip to main content

About Us

Welcome to east nicolaus high school

Welcome to east nicolaus high school

East Nicolaus Joint Union High School District (ENHS) was established in 1924 and located off of Palm Avenue. The current location was opened in 1974 at 2454 Nicolaus Avenue. The district is rural in character and the economy is agricultural with three major rivers bordering and crossing it. It is comprised of approximately 150 square miles in south Sutter County and is located approximately twenty miles north of Sacramento and twenty miles south of Yuba City, east of Highways 99 and 70. The district hosts one campus, a comprehensive high school (ENHS). The present ENHS campus was built in 1974. Three separate independent feeder school districts (Browns, Marcum Illinois, and Pleasant Grove) contribute to the makeup of the high school population. Through partnerships with families and community, East Nicolaus High School is committed to: Academic excellence and 21st century learning skills; A safe, small school environment that fosters school pride and tradition; Diverse opportunities, in and out of the classroom; Preparing students with leadership skills who are self-directed; Responsible community members with a strong work ethic. The mission and vision of East Nicolaus High School is to promote positive self-esteem, strong work ethics, and an education that enables all students to reach their highest levels of achievement to become exemplary citizens with lifelong respect for learning, democratic values, and an understanding of world-wide diversity in order to meet future challenges.