EAST NICOLAUS HIGH SCHOOL – DAILY BULLETIN March 19, 2012
· The academic E-Application is out. The Academic E celebrates the well-rounded student, one who is involved both on and off campus, within the community, and additionally succeeds in his/her academics, showing all of the ESLRs. Please make sure you pick one up in Mrs. Heinberger’s room as soon as you can because they are due April 1st.
· Starting this week until the day of Prom, April 28, 2012. Prom bids will be on sale in the quad at lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. See Mrs. Higgins for questions and details.
· Today’s JV and Varsity game has been cancelled. It is rescheduled for Thursday, March 22nd.
· Our school joins 25,000 schools nationwide in the Pennies for Patients Program. For the next few weeks, we will help people who are sick with blood
cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. All you have to do is collect coins and other donations and put them in your class collection box. Remember that every penny counts. Our school goal is $1,500.00. Make sure to look for your class boxes.
· Sophomores & Juniors: If you're interested in attending the University of Oregon, they are hosting a reception for prospective students on Saturday, March 24 from 11am to noon @ the Hilton Sacramento Arden West. RSVP online @ admissions.uoregon.edu/jduckby Wednesday, March 21st.
· This is it: Only one week to go with our Pennies for Patients campaign, and every coin makes a difference! Remember, the freshmen class is in the lead, and the top class has a chance to win a celebration party. This week, challenge yourself to talk to two people like an older sister, an uncle, or a grandparent, about the Pennies for Patients program. Who knows, maybe that person will decide to donate a few dollars for you to bring back to your classroom. Congrats to the freshmen, who are still winning with $101.95, sophomores are still in second with $48.70, seniors stay in third with $17.39, and juniors are losing with $16.37.
· Mira Loma High School is hosting a Spring College Fair, Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm @ Mira Loma High School. The event and parking are free. There will be representatives from over 150 colleges, universities, technical/specialty schools and military academies/ROTC, as well as Financial Aid workshops and SAT/ACT information. You can register at www.wacac.org/collegefairs. This is a great opportunity for sophomores and juniors to begin their college search!