EAST NICOLAUS HIGH SCHOOL – DAILY BULLETIN March 14, 2012
EAST NICOLAUS HIGH SCHOOL – DAILY BULLETIN
March 14, 2012
· The academic E-Application is out. Please make sure you pick one up in Mrs. Heinberger’s room as soon as you can because they are due April 1st.
· Our school joins 25,000 schools nationwide in the Pennies for Patients Program. For the next few weeks, we will help people who are sick with blood
cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. All you have to do is collect coins and other donations and put them in your class collection box. Remember that every penny counts. Our school goal is $1,500.00. Make sure to look for your class boxes.
· There will be a Key Club meeting today at lunch in Mrs. Smith’s room.
· GRAD NIGHT MEETING TONIGHT, March 14th @ 6:30 at Mary Michel's home. This meeting is for ALL parents not just Senior parents. Please come see what Grad night is all about, and the fun your children will have there! Call Mary for directions if needed 701-7726.
· Did you know that the money you are raising will help fund research? In medicine, research means the careful study of a disease with the goal of finding a cure. Your donations will help fund 480 researchers in 15 different countries on five continents! Since its founding in 1949, the Society has invested more than $600 million for research specifically targeting leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Freshmen are still winning with $86.71, sophomores are back in second with $23.87, seniors are in third with $15.91 and juniors are still behind with $12.56.
· Seniors: The Hope of America application deadline has been moved up a day to tomorrow, Thursday, March 15th, by 3:15pm to the Counseling Office.
· Sophomores & Juniors: If you're interested in attending the University of Oregon, they are hosting a reception for prospective students on Saturday, March 24 from 11am to noon @ the Hilton Sacramento Arden West. RSVP online @ admissions.uoregon.edu/jduckby Wednesday, March 21st.
· TODAY is Activity Day. FFA will be meeting 2nd period; Personal Finance Guest Speaker, 3rd period; FNL 5th period; and Student Government 7th period
· Mira Loma High School is hosting a Spring College Fair, Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm @ Mira Loma High School. The event and parking are free. There will be representatives from over 150 colleges, universities, technical/specialty schools and military academies/ROTC, as well as Financial Aid workshops and SAT/ACT information. You can register at www.wacac.org/collegefairs. This is a great opportunity for sophomores and juniors to begin their college search!